Supporting the communities we serve
Giving back to the community is an important part of what we do. We have a dedicated group of employees who help us identify which charitable events and volunteer activities to participate in or sponsor. Here is just a partial list of our involvement in the communities we annually serve.
- Sponsored the Middle River Volunteer Fire Department annually
- Sponsored 35 Salvation Army Christmas Angels in Baltimore and 20 Christmas stockings for the needy in Baltimore and Harford Counties
- Donated $500 worth of food for the Bartley Family Food Bank in downtown Baltimore and Grace United Methodist Church Food Bank in Aberdeen
- Participated in the Annual Red Cross blood drive, netting over 50 pints of blood and $400 in donations to the organization
- Repaired or replaced numerous heating and air conditioning systems at churches of various denominations at or below cost throughout our service area
If you have a favorite charity or organization you regularly support, please tell us about it.
The Community Involvement and Corporate Giving Committee, or “Carroll Cares,” is a group of Carroll employees who work to institute a company-wide approach to providing financial and nonfinancial assistance to worthy causes. Its primary responsibilities are two-fold:
Overseeing and facilitating all corporate giving and monetary donations made on behalf of Carroll Home Services Fuel Company.
How it works
All requests for corporate donations or volunteers are filtered through the Corporate Giving Committee for consideration and approval. Any solicitations for volunteers, financial support or sponsorship must be submitted in writing to the Corporate Giving Committee at 2700 Loch Raven Road, Baltimore, MD 21218 or via fax at (410) 366-1223. We look forward to hearing from you!
Carroll Cares participates in a variety of annual events:
MDA Golf Tournament: Each year we hold a golf tournament to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). In 19 years, we’ve raised over $735,000 for MDA to aid in its fight against neuromuscular diseases!
John’s Hopkins Children’s Center Golf Tournament: For the last three years, Carroll has held a golf tournament to benefit the John’s Hopkins Children’s Center, Maryland’s most comprehensive, acute-care hospital for children, and the premier children’s hospital in the country. To date we have raised over $72,000 for the John’s Hopkins Children’s Center.
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk: Carroll employees and their families participate in the annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in downtown Baltimore. Each year, the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk raises over $250,000 towards the fight against Breast Cancer.
GEDCO Food Drive: We hold an annual food drive each year to benefit the GEDCO (Govans Ecumenical Development Corporation) Food Pantry. Last year Carroll employees delivered three vehicles of donations (over 2,000 canned goods and dry foods) to the Cares Food Pantry located at St Mary’s in Govans. Cares Food Pantry distributed the food to needy families in Baltimore City.
Organizations we support
In our continuing commitment to giving back to the community, Carroll supported the following organizations last year by providing either monetary, fuel products or volunteer support:
- Bais Yaakov School for Girls
- Bennett Institute Physically Challenged Sports
- Boy Scouts of America
- Carroll County 4-H & FFA Livestock Sale
- Carroll Manor Elementary School
- Catholic Charities
- Councilman Bernard Young, 12th District Picnic
- Easter Seals
- Fort Meyer Construction Corporation
- Franciscan Center
- Glyndon United Methodist Church
- Hampden Family Center
- Harford-Belair Foundation, Inc.
- Herring Run Watershed Assoc. & Patapsco Back River Tributary Team
- Johns Hopkins Institutions
- KW Cares
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Interfaith Chapels, Inc.
- Monsignor O’Dwyer Retreat House
- Montessori School
- National Aquarium in Baltimore
- Special Olympics of Maryland
- St. Clement Mary Hofbauer Church
- Susan G. Komen Foundation
- Talmudical Academy of Baltimore
- Boys’ Latin School of Maryland
- The Bus Project
- Union Memorial Hospital
- Westminster Fire Engine & Hose Co. No. 1
- Young Life
Matching charitable gifts
Carroll Fuel matches employee contributions of $25 or more (with a maximum of $100 per employee) per calendar year to qualified charitable, non-profit organizations. To generate this match, employees submit a matching gift form, available from Human Resources, with documentation of the contribution.