2019 Resolutions: Keys to Better Health, Lower Bills, and a Smarter Home
Believe it or not, 2019 has arrived – and that means it’s time once again to make your New Year’s Resolutions. Why not make some that will cut stress and make you more comfortable in your Maryland home?
Here are six promises to make and keep that will save you money, make you happy, and give you more peace of mind in 2019:
- Change your air filters – One of the best things you can do to keep your heating or cooling system running efficiently and reliably is also the simplest: check your air filters regularly (at least once a month). A clogged filter will cost you twice – first by raising your energy bills, and second by causing unnecessary wear and tear on your equipment.
- Use your programmable thermostat – Lower the temperature by seven to ten degrees when you’re asleep or out of the house and you could cut your bills by 10 percent or more. The easiest way to do that? Get (and use) a programmable thermostat – it will pay for itself in the first year you own it.
- Get Smart-er – Stressed by the ups and downs of winter heating bills? Sign up for our SmartComfort Plan and stretch those payments out over the course of a year. You will get the same bill every month no matter how much heating oil or propane you use.
- Stay on top of equipment maintenance – Want your home heating and cooling equipment to run better for longer? Never miss an annual tune-up. Better yet, get two – one in the spring and one in the fall. Tune-ups pay for themselves by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Get a Carroll Service Plan.
- Upgrade intelligently – A time will come when replacing your heating or cooling system makes more sense than repairing it. Upgrading to new high efficiency equipment will often pay for itself in just a few years, and provide more comfort and peace of mind along the way.
- Commit to home health – The air inside your home can be four to five times more polluted that the air outside your home. When you install indoor air quality equipment and properly humidify your home, your family will breathe easier and enjoy better health in 2019.
Start 2019 out right – save money and enjoy more peace of mind with expert service and equipment upgrades from Carroll Home Services. Contact us today to learn about equipment upgrades for your Maryland home!